Homestay Courses for Individuals at Moira House, Newlands Centre and Eastbourne Centre
We are offering homestay, English lessons and a multi-activity programmes at Moira House School in Eastbourne, Newlands Centre in Seaford and Eastbourne Centre in Eastbourne. This is the perfect solutions for students who prefer to "go home" at the end of each day, rather than live within the school as a "boarder".
Transport to School and Back
We can provide a transport service to take students to/from school each day. This means your son or daughter does not have to rely on public transport (which sometimes can mean waiting alone at bus stops!) or booking taxis. Instead, our drivers will collect your child from the host family each morning - or at a meeting point just a few minutes walk away. At the end of the school day, our staff will transport your child back to the family or meeting point. If it is very late at night, our staff will take the child directly to the family home - and will wait until the child enters the house before departing. We take your child's safety extremely seriously. It is essential that students are ready to be collected each morning and to leave on time evening.
We pride ourselves on providing good families. Most of our families will have looked after foreign teenage students before and continue to do so because they enjoy the experience so much. They will talk English with students, tell them about English culture and help them improve their vocabulary and spoken English.
We spend a lot of time, and take a great deal of care and trouble, to find the right family - the family that will suit your son or daughter the best. All our families are native English speakers. Some will have children of the same age as your child, some will have pets. We will ask you what you are looking for and we will try our very best to put your child in a family that fits his or her requirements. Our families are inspected regularly to ensure the accommodation and facilities meet our high standards. We also try to ensure families are located as close to school as possible.
Your son/daughter will follow a very similar course to the residential students at Moira House and Eastbourne Centre. They will have English lessons on 5 mornings each week (9-12.30 pm), followed by school lunch and participation in the afternoon sports and activity programme during these 5 afternoons. Students will then have dinner and participate in evening activities until approximately 10pm. On Wednesdays (usually), they will go on the mid-week excursion to London (full day trip). On Sundays they will spend the day with their host family or, if they prefer, they can join the residential students on the Sunday excursion.
The Host family will provide
- Accommodation throughout your child's stay
- Breakfast each day
- Lunches on Wednesdays and Sundays (packed lunch if students are on the school trip) - on all other days lunch is provided for your child at the school
- Dinner on a Sunday (dinner is provided at school on all other days).
- Some laundry
- Sunday excursions: Students can join the whole day Sunday trip, if they wish. There is an additional charge for this (see Fee information above). In the past Sunday trips have included Brighton, Thorpe Park, Portsmouth Spinnaker Tower, HMS Victory, Gun Wharf Quays, Hever Castle, Rye and Camber Sands, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells etc.
- Transport to school from host family and return each day (£50 per week).
- Optional Sports - Golf, Tennis, Horse Riding, Windsurfing, Sailing, Canoeing, Mountain Biking and Swimming Lessons: Prices on booking forms. These sports take place on 3 afternoons each week.
- Aiport or Eurostar transfers to/from school - see booking form.
Homestay Courses Courses for Groups
Host family courses for groups can also be arranged and itineraries tailored to group leaders' requirements. These can include intensive study weeks during Easter, summer courses and work experience courses year-round. Please contact us for more information if you are interested in group host family courses.